Recipe: Chocolate Old Fashioned
A chocolate-infused twist on the most classic of cocktails.
- 1 to 2 tsp. Black Onyx Chocolate Sugar*
- 2 to 3 splashes Angostura bitters
- 2 brandied or Maraschino cherries
- 1/2 oz. fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 oz. whiskey (preferably rye)
- ice cubes
- orange twist
*Use sugar to taste; 1 tsp. yields a more whiskey forward drink and 2 tsp. will be sweeter and a bit more chocolaty.
Place chocolate sugar, bitters and 1 of the cherries in a chilled highball cocktail glass and muddle together with the handle of a wooden spoon. Add orange juice, whiskey and a few ice cubes. Give it a stir and garnish with an orange twist.