Smoked Serrano Cranberry Chutney Recipe
Active Prep: 10 min
Cook: 25 min
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 4 Smoked Serrano Chiles, destemmed and deseeded
- 1/4 cup small diced dried apricots
- 2 Tbsp. Sliced Crystallized Ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Crushed Urfa Chiles
- 1 tsp. Ground Indonesian Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Jamaican Allspice
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
Add all Savory items to cart
This chutney is spicy but the heat mellows over time. For a milder version, use half the amount of suggested Serrano and Urfa.
In a small saucepan, bring water and orange juice to a boil. Stir in cranberries and brown sugar. Reduce to a simmer and stir in the remaining ingredients. Continue simmering, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens and heavily coats the back of a spoon, about 15 to 20 min. Delicious served warm, room temperature or chilled.
Makes a great accompaniment to roast pork, chicken or turkey. Delicious with roasted squash or potatoes. Use leftovers on grilled cheese or quesadillas. This is the perfect dipping sauce for the Butternut Squash Stuffed Arancini (Rice Balls).
Chef Scott Callahan