Curry Pickle-Brined Onions Recipe
About 1 cup
Active Prep: 5 min
- About 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Leftover brine from a (24 oz.) jar of pickles
- 1 to 2 tsp. curry powder of choice:
- Ghost Pepper Curry Powder
- Caribbean Curry Powder
- Medium Yellow Curry Powder
- Garam Masala
Add all Savory items to cart
Add just enough sliced onions to the jar of leftover pickle brine so that onions are completely covered by the brine. Add curry powder of choice, seal, and shake to distribute seasoning. Refrigerate for at least an hour, but longer is better. These will last a couple of weeks in the refrigerator.
Serve over tacos, burgers, hot dogs, fish, sandwiches, baked potatoes, salads, cheese plates, and more.
Savory Spice Test Kitchen